Application Study Break

January 12th, 2015 mtdesa18

Hi there, everyone!

A special welcome today goes out to all the students finishing their applications for the Regular Decision deadline on Thursday. I remember how stressful the last few days of application season can be from my application experience last year. To all of you applying this year or in the future I wish you the best of luck.

In a show of solidarity with my readership I will also be spending the next few days filling out Holy Cross applications. I am applying for two positions at Holy Cross for which applications are due later this month. Keep your fingers crossed, dear readers, and you may see quite a bit of me during your first year on the Hill.

I feel like we could all use a bit of a breather from the stress and work of applications, so let’s take a collective blog study break to talk about…study breaks. As I talked about in my last post, there were plenty of holiday themed events for study breaks during the December rush. However, there were several other study breaks throughout the month. One of my favorites was a “pet therapy” session that brought adorable dogs (and lots of smiles) to Holy Cross. Sadly, at least in my feline loving opinion, the cats that were scheduled to be at the event could not make it because of snow.

Midnight Brekafast in Crossroads

Midnight Brekafast in Crossroads

The most popular study break for finals week at Holy Cross was, as it is most every semester, midnight breakfast. On the Sunday night before finals started Kimball Dining Hall and the Jesuit community served students pancakes, eggs, and other breakfast goodies. Admittedly, the event started at 8:30 PM and ended before the clock on O’Kane tower had struck midnight, but it was still delightful eating pancakes and home fries with my friends after dinner. Each night of finals week featured smaller midnight breakfasts in Crossroads. Though these events were smaller, students still packed into Crossroads and formed lines the likes of which are usually reserved for sporting events, concerts, and the parking lot of a Best Buy on Black Friday.

Is this Black Friday or Crossroads Midnight Breakfast?

Is this Midnight Breakfast or Black Friday?

Thanks for taking this study break with me everyone. Best of luck with the rest of your applications!

Until next time, take care, everyone.

Michael

Michael DeSantis '18