“Welcome to Holy Cross!”

September 29th, 2014 mtdesa18

Greetings everyone!

My name is Michael DeSantis, and I am very excited to share my Holy Cross experience with all of you over the next year!

The most noticeable aspect of Holy Cross that I have experienced since I arrived is the exceptionally welcoming nature of the school community. This began on move-in day when my family drove up to my residence hall and was immediately swarmed by a group of students enthusiastically shouting, “Welcome to Holy Cross!” I have heard this phrase countless times over the past few weeks as I have gradually become a part of the Holy Cross community. It is my belief that this simple but enthusiastic greeting reflects the welcoming and comfortable environment found here at Holy Cross.

This community attitude extends, of course, into the classroom. Each of my classes this semester (CRAW Fiction, Elementary French, an introductory History course, and my Montserrat seminar) is based upon discussion between students and professor. I am thankful for Holy Cross’ small discussion based classes because they have already allowed me to get to know my classmates and professors as they voice their opinions and thoughts on our class topics.

I am also becoming further exposed to the Holy Cross community through activities such as SPUD (Student Programs for Urban Development), Wheeler Hall House Council, and Admissions Outreach. SPUD has allowed me to volunteer in the local Worcester community and House Council is helping me to become an active part my residence hall community. Through Admissions Outreach, I have also been able to meet students and families visiting Holy Cross. This experience has been great because, less than a month after Holy Cross welcomed me with open arms, I have become one of the people lucky enough to welcome others to Holy Cross. I am now one of the many students on campus regularly telling guests and visitors, “Welcome to Holy Cross!”

So, to those of you out there interested in learning more about Holy Cross through this blog, I say “Welcome!” Welcome to this blog and welcome to Holy Cross! I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Until next time, take care, everyone.

Michael

One Response to ““Welcome to Holy Cross!””

1. Anne Riconosciuto says:

Looking forward to hearing more about your first year!

Michael DeSantis '18